SoCS will take place in Cardona Parador, Cardona, Barcelona (Spain) - a beautiful ninth century fortress converted into a hotel.
Cardona is in the middle of the Barcelona province. Limited bus shuttle services will be provided: from the airport in Barcelona to SoCS on Thursday June 14th leaving at 18:30, and from SoCS to IJCAI on Saturday 16th leaving also at 18:30. (Depending on the number of late arrivers we may also arrange for an additional bus at 23:00 on the 14th from the airport to SoCS but you should not absolutely depend on it and consider alternative way to get there. In addition, taking this later bus would imply missing the reception.)
A second recommended alternative consists of renting a car. All major rental car agencies are located at Barcelona airport or train station.
Using public transportation to arrive to Cardona might be a bit more difficult. You can take a train or bus from Barcelona to Manresa, and then take a taxi there to Cardona.Bus Information
- If you plan to use the bus leaving at 18:30 from Barcelona Airport, please send an email to Daniel Borrajo before July 13th with the number of people in your party. Make sure to be there on time, because we will not be able to wait for long. If you miss the bus, you can either rent a car, or use a taxi.
- If you arrive to Terminal 1, we will gather at the meeting point on Terminal 1, Level 1 right after exiting from Baggage claim. It is graphically depicted on Map of Terminal 1, Level 1.
- If you arrive to Terminal 2, you have to change terminals using the free shuttle between terminals, and then climb the stairs from level 0 to level 1:
- Stops: At T2, in front of the intermodal building
- Journey duration: 10 minutes
- Timetable: Every 6 or 7 minutes
- Price: Free service
- It arrives at Terminal 1, level 0
- Once you arrive to Terminal 1, go to level 1 and proceed to Meeting point
- For more information:
- General information on Barcelona airport: http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite/Aeropuerto-Barcelona/en/Page/1045569607459
- Information on Shuttle: http://www. aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite/Aeropuerto-Barcelona/en/Page/1243438765730//Bus-transito.html
- Interactive map of terminals: http://www.aena.es/cartografia/recinto.jsp?id=7&poi=&t=&p=